- You should be engaged in an official research programme as a Phd student or postdoctoral fellow (Early Carreer Investigator) in a participating in the Action ITC country. Early Career Investigators (ECI) are individuals who are within a time span of up to 8 years from the date they obtained their PhD/doctorate (full-time equivalent). The following countries are considered ITC countries: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey. Countries above in bold are those ITC countries that participate on ELECTRONET Action (update on November 2018).
- You should apply 45 days before the conference start date
STEP 0: if you are not an e-cost user, create an e-cost profile (https://e-services.cost.eu/user/login/!). If you are an e-cost user, but your profile is not complete, please complete your profile.
STEP 1: login in e-cost ( https://e-services.cost.eu/user/login/ !) and click on ITC conference Grants tab. The tab ‘ITC Conference Grants’ will not be available in the following cases:
o If the applicant’s e-COST profile is incomplete
o If the primary affiliation of the applicant is not in an ITC country
o If the Education details of the applicant do not demonstrate that (s)he is a PhD student or an ECI.
STEP 2: include all the necessary information:
o Applicant details
o Conference Grant details (the attendance at the conference must start and end during the same Grant Period (GP) Current grant period: 01/05/2017-30/04/2018). If a GP is not active, the applicant will not be able to submit an application.
- Bank details
Supporting documents (2nd page of the application also reachable by clicking on button in the upper left corner):
- CV including a list of academic publications-if applicable-
- A short description of your involvement in the Action
- Acceptance letter from the conference organizers (confirming either your speaking slot or your poster presentation).
Following your submission, the MC Committee of the Action will evaluate the application and you will be informed for the result. In case your application is accepted, you will be asked to submit a scientific report within 30 days from the conference end date.
For more information check cost vademecum (section 9), available in http://www.cost.eu/participate and ITC conference grants guide.
For administrative questions, feel free to contact Mrs Olympia Demesouka (firstname.lastname@example.org), Grant Holder Adminstrator.